Monday, January 28, 2008

Noticing the beauty in patterns


I took this picture in Pittsburgh this past Thanksgiving when we drove there to see some friends. A trip to Mount Washington was planned for my roommate who accompanied us on her first time Pittsburgh visit. While other were enjoying Pittsburgh in a nice (cold!) afternoon, I was busy looking for patterns! I've tried to do the same with umbrellas in a row or even decorative lights in rows, but never really succeeded to bring out the beauty in them! Here - I like the way the lights seem to grow shorter and almost appear like pins on paper! Not the greatest of shots with so much cloud cover, but I like the concept of taking such pictures...

Btw, I joined an informal class to learn photography - well digital photography and today we had our first class. Our teacher talked about aperture, exposure, speed and the like - some basics before we get into the real stuff :) After years of oohing and aahing at pictures taken by others I've decided to spend some time and put some effort into this. My husband kept reminding me to stop complaining about not being able to take good pictures and register for the class :)! Its amazing that when I see a bridge its just a bridge - a pretty mundane sight - but when I see pictures of that same bridge taken by others it bowls me over... So now, I'm getting into the magic of photography!

No comments: