Sunday, January 6, 2008

The glory of Fall

A thought of creating some sort of photo diary has been at the back of my mind for a while now. For some reason, it just took me some time to actually start writing and sharing some pictures that I love. Most of the pictures have been taken by me, where they are not - I'll make sure I attribute it to the rightful photographer. You are welcome to use these images for non-profit purposes only. You can do so AS LONG AS you reference it back to my website.

Why a blog instead of something like Flickr? Well, just because... I'd like to write a line or two, or sometimes more about the picture(s) I share. The idea is to write either about one specific picture, its background or some story connected with it OR to assemble a few pictures about one specific place, incident or theme and write about it.

I start my 'picture chronicles' with some pictures that have been taken in Fall in the North-East of the United States. Most of them have been taken in central Pennsylvania.


I woke up one day to see a hint of color on the leaves on a foggy morning... While on one hand there was some regret about the end of Summer approaching, there was also an anticipation of the arriving Fall. I have always had mixed feelings about Fall - a sort of love and hate relationship.



I like this picture because of all the beautiful colors. This was early Fall when some trees had already shed leaves and were standing bare while others were beginning to dress up! The blue and sometimes almost white sky and the white picket fence framing the trees is what I love about this picture.



The quintessential charm of Fall colors in the North-East... For me this is what makes the snow covered cold winters bearable! I'm reminded somehow of women in India, dressing up in the most colorful and beautiful sarees! Alas, this beauty fades too soon with all the leaves falling down... This picture was taken by my roommate while taking the stroll on our university campus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that was INSPIRING...or should I say MESMERISING...or just TEMPTING...hmmm...Okay I am not finding a right word to describe it but it's for sure that next time I click something it will be a more concious effort!

Thanks!!