Friday, January 11, 2008

The Beautiful Cape Cod & Its Lighthouses

I was watching the Travel channel on TV today and they were showing some nice sunny and warm (!) places... Ah, that's just what I needed to get out of this dreary mood all the rain and cloudiness brings to me. We just spent our Summer in Boston and a lil' bit in Florida and in San Francisco. Yep, I had a glorious summer. One nice Saturday morning, we decided to drive down to Cape Cod. Here are a few pictures I took with my digital camera*...
This is a charming view of the Highland Light/Cape Cod Light. Is there something like a perfect picture? I've been hoping to take one... Of course, until now I wasn't as invested in photography as some of the amateurs are. But now I've decided to put some effort and make every shot count!

This is another view of the Highland Light/Cape Cod Light. Just a simple trick of foreground/ background comparison. I always wonder - are accidental pictures better or planned ones like the one above. Once I realized that contrasting the foreground and background created a nice effect, that's all I could think of that day. So I clicked a lot of pictures like this one.


I love this picture! Before going to Cape Cod I had seen some pictures on travel websites and I had fallen in love with those... So I was trying to "score" an awesome picture - the one that I could boast about... And this one turned out to be one of them! I took a lot of pictures at this venue and realized that framing the lighthouse with the wooden fence looked so much better than just the lighthouse. And the bonus was the contrast between some green and rest brown grass...

To me, this looks like a perfect place to live! Ah, Cape Cod - I'll come back to visit you again.

* I have changed the saturation on some of these pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that was INSPIRING...or should I say MESMERISING...or just TEMPTING...hmmm...Okay I am not finding a right word to describe it but it's for sure that next time I click something it will be a more concious effort!

Thanks!!