Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Will I ever be as good?

Time and again, I am reminded how much there is to learn. Case in point - Taral's flickr page! I generally avoid going to flickr - it only succeeds in bringing my morale down... Yeah, I know - one should look at pictures taken by others and learn from them! But doesn't work with me - it only reminds me how good others are and how there's a lot to do on my part before I can be that good, if at all! Be it Taral's degree in design or his inherent creativity, he succeeds in making regular people pictures look really beautiful - especially b&w pictures, many sepia. Here's a shout out to you Tarya, love your work!

Most of his pictures are people pictures - that brings another thought - should I wait a specific amount of time before declaring myself as one specific photo type of person or another? Its been almost a year since I've been sort of paying attention while clicking pictures. Have mostly taken nature & environment pictures. But even in those, there's a distinct majority of macros - or at least what I call macros. Technically, not all of them are macros, most just close-up pictures. So anyhoo, should I concentrate on macros from now on and generally give up the big picture photos? Should anything macro be fine or flora-macro, fauna-macro be decided? Whaddyathink?

1 comment:

test said...

i love your photographs... macros or not!