Thursday, September 4, 2008

Cooking adventures

I am anything but adventurous in cooking! Adding a few impromptu raspberries in the loopy honey nut cereal (my husband's breakfast this morning), is in my definition, an adventure... If there ever was a rigid eater, I'm it! I try to follow recipes that my mother & grandmother and anyone before them followed. If green chilies are what needs to go in a dish, I will not make that dish with red chili - spoils the taste you see :-) I like to call myself a puritan, has a nice ring to it! On an interesting side note, my mother has, over the past decade or so, begun experimenting and has done well while I am determined to follow the path...

On the same note, I'm not that much of an enthusiastic cook either! So when anyone goes all out and makes awesome dishes - they deserve much admiration... Here's an example - Poonam's Cooking Adventures. Although I've never had a chance to partake in any of these delights, I'm told they taste wonderful! And more than the taste, I visit her blog for the pictures she takes! Way to make food look really really delectable :-)

3 comments:

test said...

oh my...
not to myself. do not read food blogs at lunch!!!

Anonymous said...

I think you'd also like my favorite food/food photo blog: http://www.101cookbooks.com/

She makes fresh, tasty-looking food and takes beautiful photos of it. And it's mostly vegetarian!

Poonam said...

Hey Susie, thanks for all the nice words here. You should try out the recipes on my blog, they are very simple to make yet tasty!

Sampada, thanks to you too!