Saturday, May 3, 2008

Orchid in a flash

Here's the point - I'm a firm believer in sunlight and sunshine... so taking pictures indoors has always seemed tedious and I've never been good at getting good pictures indoors - especially people pictures! There's either too much flash or not even light. So when we arrived at the ag arena today for the Orchid show, I was immediately put off because the flowers were inside the arena & not outside as I was hoping.

Result? I took 258 pictures in about 45 minutes - and almost 75% of them are either too grainy or too flashy such that you can't even make out the detail. Call it lacking skills or whatever... but I wasn't happy. And then this brilliant fluke came along and made my day! Perfect amount of flash... Thanks to a friend (here's a shout out to you Nagesh!) who showed me how to click such pictures with examples from his brilliant collection - I can finally say - this is a keeper - and it 'll go in a frame :)

No comments: